Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Years Eve Eve

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all of you a very Happy, and Safe New Years Eve!


If you're going to be out and about tomorrow evening, please be careful and be responsible. There are too many irresponsible individuals out there so it's better to be safe than sorry!

This year, we're actually hosting a little get together in the late evening with several friends. Nothing too elaborate ~ just some heavy appetizers and some drinks. So, today I'll be running around finishing up getting the Holiday decor put away and I might even spruce up the place a little. I'm also going to be checking out Martha Stewart's site for some decor ideas and recipes! I love tyring out new and clever ideas!!

Oh, and check this out:


wedding ticker


What the heck is that about?!? I only have three months and 22 days?!? Are you kidding me?!? I mean seriously...how in the world am I going to get everything I need to get done done? And, just think....it's only 3 months and 22 days until the day we're on Catalina Island exchanging vows. After that we have the California Reception in 4 months and 17 days..............the Minnesota Reception in 5 months and 22 days. So, putting that into prespective it would look like this:

3 months and 20 days = Cruise sets sail
3 months and 22 days = Wedding on Catalina Island
4 months and 17 days = California Reception
5 months and 22 days = Minnesota Reception

I have a list a mile long that needs to be done for each and everyone of those deadlines and at this point and time, I'm totally NOT MOTIVATED!!! In the beginning of the planning stages, I was so gung ho! In fact, our den is filled with boxes and boxes of stuff I've purchased from former DW (Destination Wedding) brides and / or stuff I've purchased brand new for the ceremony and both receptions. We literally have the wedding arch put together and is up in our living room right now because I am trying to figure out how I want it decorated. And if you don't believe me....take a look at this:


That's been sitting in our living room for about two months now, and I totally am not going with that decor. I've decided to be unique and creative. I've got the uniqueness and creativeness ideas in my head and now just need to bring it to life. Ha! Everyone who knows me, knows that the only place I'm creative and expressive are on my cakes! And 'this ain't no cake lady'! :)


The very most important thing I need to accomplish wedding related wise is to find the Bouquets for the bridal party. Yes, I know, this should already have been done, but for some reason I've been procrastinating. It's so unlike me to be this 'disorganized' or not on top of things.


I've decided that I've got today and tomorrow to wallow in this depressed state that I've been in and come January 1st, NO MORE. I've got plans for my future! I'm going to have lists again! Daily lists and Daily goals! Yes! Yes! Yes! Really? Do I sound convincing? I suppose the only person I need to convince here is myself! And it definitely aint working! :)


So off to getting this place organized!!! Have yourselfs a very awesome last Wednesday of 2009 and once again, please be safe tomorrow and have an AMAZING New Year!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!