Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

More Ornaments in the Mail!! Yipee!!!

Aren't these just soooo cute?!? I received these from a group of gals
on The Knot who are all getting married in April 2010.
They are the best group of young ladies ~ it really means so much to me that they
all thought highly of me to get these for me!!

Thanks guys!!!

I've also been pretty busy making Chocolate candies! I made White Chocolate Peanut Clusters, Milk Chocolate Peanut Clusters, Tiger Butter, and a variety of other baked goods!! Today I'm going to make Chocolate Chip Cookies and some Brownies!

Also, I've made some home made heating pads!! They're actually called "Rice Socks", however, I didn't use socks for mine. I actually make them from fabric!! I made several different ones yesterday ~ long ones you can drape around you neck or wrap around you knees; rectangular ones you can use for your back and/or stomach.


You pop these babies in the microwave oven for about 2 - 3 minutes and viola!!
They stay HOT for a long time!!! You can even add some Aromatherapy Oils in the rice before sewing it up and it smells wonderful!!!
I have been using one of these since Saturday night when a friend of mine let me use hers!! I remember when I was younger my mom made one using a tube sock! They've come a long way since then!!!

Well, I'm off to continue baking for the day!


1 comment:

  1. I've used those "rice socks" in the summer to keep cool when we didn't have air conditioning. You just stick them in the freezer until you need them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!