Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Very Constructive Morning ~ and it's just about 9 a.m.

Today was a very productive morning! I actually switched my Cakes 4 Fun business website over to a WordPress Blog! I had been thinking of switching over awhile ago but didn't want to go through the hassle! Well, since it's soooo cold outside and I've been up since about 5:30 a.m., I decided to sit my little behind on the computer and go for it! :) So glad I did! I have linked my Cakes 4 Fun blog to this site, so just click on the link to the right of this blog and viola! You're there!

This evening we're having a couple of friends over for a Steak dinner. Actually, one of the guys (Randy) lost a football bet to me, so he has to cook me a Bone In Rib Eye Steak with all the fixings! We also invited another one of our friends, Phil, to join us! So, I'll be making stuffed mushrooms and deviled eggs to go along with my dinner!!! Supposedly, Randy will be whipping up some rice and broccoli along with the Rib Eye, so I thought I'd at least do the appetizers! :)

I have a ton of friends and Brian's family that live in the Mid-West, and/or on the East Coast ~ I can't believe how horrible the weather is out there!! I suppose it's the norm for them, but sheesh.....just reading about all the updates on FaceBook, I'm sooo glad I'm in Sunny California!!! Here I am complaining about the 28 degree weather and they're just as bad if not worse and have to deal with the wind chill factor and the horrible winds!!! I hope everyone stays warm and safe!!! We don't have rain yet, but the forecast does call for it rolling in early tomorrow morning! Booo!!!

I didn't quite get all the baking I wanted to get done yesterday... okay... yes, I was a lazy bum and layed around the house snuggling and reading. Currently, I'm reading "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis. It's an awesome book and I'm learning SOOO many statistics and facts about the NFL and some of the great players/coaches!!! The book is about Michael Oher ~ who is currently playing with the Baltimore Ravens right now! Yes, the movie "The Blind Side" prompted me to read the book. The movie, however, is more geared on the live of Michael Oher whereas the book does focus on Michael, it also focuses on the NFL and it's history dating back to the early '60s. It's a very interesting read!!!

AND.... yesterday, I did manage to get all of the wedding related items that I started to sort out in the living room back into the den. I also straightened up the den so it didn't look so 'clustered' per say. So I was productive to some extent yesterday! :)

Anyway, I'm going to finish baking my Chocolate Chip Cookies and hopefully get to the Brownies for sure as well. I'll be sure to post some pictures of the goodies here a little later!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!