Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Monday, January 4, 2010

Wedding Woes at 14 Weeks Out

Nothing like receiving daily updates reminding you that you have so many days before the big day. Take this morning for instance. I log on to my Email and there's an update from a Wedding Website that tells me that I have "107 days before the Wedding". I log on to that website itself and right there on the home page is a huge flashing banner that's staring me in the face telling me I have 107 days to get all my un-checked projects done. (Which, by the way, according to this website amounts to 372 items to do and 150 items over due ~ lucky me)


Um....okay....do ya need to rub it in my face that I'm sooooo behind?!?


I've had several people ask me what I'm going to do, personally, for our OOT Bags. (Out of Town Bags) Well, we're not doing OOT bags so to speak since everyone cruising with us are essentially Out of Towners. :) We're doing Welcome Bags. Here's a photo of the bags we've got (as of right now....but I may change my mind.....)



Sorry that the lighting in the photo is off, but I'm not a very good picture taker! :) In the bags, we're going to have an assortment of things. Here's a list of what we're putting in them (the stuff crossed off is the items we've already purchased):


Trial Sizes of:





  • Hand Sanitizer


  • Kleenex


  • Advil and/or Tylenol


  • Shout Wipes


  • Tums


  • Sunscreen


  • First Aid Kits


  • Extension Cord


  • Night light


  • Room Deoderizor


  • Sewing Kit


  • Playing Cards


  • Travel Mugs


  • Gum


  • Crystal Light Packetts


  • Snacks ~ Raisins, Crackers, Beef Jerky, Pretzels, Gum, etc.


  • Some sort of Survival / Hangover remedy Kit :)


Also inserted in the bags will be a Welcome Brochure, Photo Share Card, Wedding Day Timeline and maybe a "Who's Who" type of brochure...not sure about that yet.


My Photo Share Card and Wedding Day Timeline Card was created for me by an awesome DW Bride and I absolutely love the way it turned out! Amazing! Let me share them with you!!! Please note, the colors in the photo below are really off! The greenish/blueish color is actually more of a Caribbean / Tiffany Blue, and the other is more of a Fushia color.





Of course, these pictures do not do the real thing justice at all! I love, love, love the way these turned out and am excited to be using these come April, May and June! :)


I will be making tags for the Welcome bags, and I think I'm just going to use our Monogram for the tags. Nothing fancy or anything, but just something cute and simple.


So today, after my butt kicking session with Jillian Michaels, I will be devoting the remainder of my day to doing nothing but Wedding Related tasks. Heck, I even think I need to make a run to Starbucks ~ because you know a little Caramel Frappicinno ALWAYS helps you think better. :)


Enjoy your Monday everyone!!!



wedding ticker





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!