Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 1 ~ Your Favorite Song



Day 1 ~ Your Favorite Song


I just love the lyrics to this song. We all take different roads in our lives. Often times we think we're on the right path, but low and behold we hit road blocks and/or obstacles that cause us to go a different direction. This applies to every aspect in our lives.

For me, I don't regret any part of my past. I don't regret any of the 'paths' I took which ended up being an obstacle or road block, because every single one of those obstructions brought me to the point I am in my life today.

Today I am the happiest woman on earth. I have a loving husband who loves me unconditionally for who I am. He tells me every single day how much he loves me. He supports me in all of my endevors and is there by my side to pick me up when I am down. He makes me laugh when I am sad. He makes me feel better when I am not feeling well. I have three amazing kids who love me. Granted it was a rough for several years, being a single mother; losing sight of my priorities for a while. But then finding that right road to go down. What a blessing. And if it wasn't for any of my past struggles, I wouldn't be exactly where I am today.

This is also the song that a little more than 4 months ago, I walked down the aisle to when I married my best friend!

2 comments:

  1. Michele! I haven't seen you in a while! Glad you're back! I love that song. I am not much of a country music girl (believe it or not, being from TX), but that song is so sweet and sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oddly, this also played at our wedding! It wasn't the one I walked down the aisle to, but Neal walked down the aisle to it. And the lyrics were printed on the inside of our program. I really do feel like it was a broken road that lead me to the best relationship I've ever had. Nobody can say it better than Rascal Flatts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!