Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Friday, July 30, 2010

Beef Brocolli over Pan Fried Noodles

One of my most favorite things to make is my mom's version of Beef Oyster Sauce over Pan Fried Noodles. It is soooo yummy. I don't have a recipe because I just make it the way my mom used to make it, so please bear with my instructions here!



Here's the ingredients list:



1 lb. Flank Steak, cut into thin one inch strips
Soy Sauce
Chicken Broth (Not sure exactly how much I use, but I'd say it's about(2) 15 oz. cans
Cornstarch
Olive Oil
Oyster Sauce
Brocolli
*Baby Corn
*Water Chestnuts

Here's a photo of the Soy Sauce and Oyster Sauce I used:



So, the first thing you do is..... soak (marinate) the beef with about 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce, 1 can of chicken broth and 2 tbls. of Cornstarch. Let it sit for about 15 minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix approximately 3 tbls. of Cornstarch with 1/2 can of chicken broth. Set aside.





Meanwhile, cut brocolli into bite size pieces. Boil it for approximately 15 minutes, drain.







Heat the Oil in a Wok (or in my case, I use an electric skillet. YES, I KNOW... I'm Asian, and I don't even have a Wok). Heat it so it gets really hot!!! Then add the beef mixture. Be sure to mix it quickly as if stir frying.





Once you have the beef to your desired doneness, ( I prefer more on the Medium side) add the Cornstarch mixture and mix in good.

Add 2 tbls. Oyster Sauce and mix well. Bring to a boil stirring frequently, add the Brocolli, Water Chestnuts and Baby Corn, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes.



(The picture below doesn't have the Water Chestnuts & Baby Corn)





There you have it! Yummy Beef Brocolli!! You can serve it over Pan Fried Noodles, or Steamed Rice. I love making extra gravy and have leftovers the next day. Gravy and rice. So yummy!!



You can finish it up with dessert! Like an AWESOME Malted Milk Chocolate CuppyCake!!



1 comment:

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!