Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getting In Shape! (For reals!!) Physically and Mentally!!

So, sometime last year I went on a 30 Day Shred kick.


I was totally inspired by a fellow DW Bride to be who was in the process of planning her wedding the same ime I was. 

 The picture on the left was taken around the time she started to do the 30 Day Shred on a daily basis.  The picture on the right was three weeks later.  Big difference in three weeks wouldn't you say???

 And this is a more recent picture of her over a year later!!!  She looks absolutely fabulous doesn't she??

Yeah, well my 30 Day Shredding days was very short lived.  I'd say it lasted several weeks and then I gave up. Don't get me wrong, it was very difficult!  I think I was able to get through Level 1, but when I attempted Level 2, I absolutely threw in the towel!  It was kicking my behind BIG TIME!!!

Soooo........ after taking the last oh.......11 months off of any type of real exercising, I'm going back on my fitness regime!  Yes I sure am!  I have a Yoga CD that I've tried a few times which I'm going to start back up with along with the dreaded 30 Day Shred!  This is gonna start TODAY!!  I'm gonna be Jillian's B**CH for the next 6 months or so!!!

Along with  working out / excercising, I'm going healthy all the way around including eating!!!  I know I've said that cooking healthy was one of my Goals for the year and well....there's nothing wrong with getting a late start!!

I recently came across a few blogs that have great meal planning tips and recipes.  I'll be sure to share any of the recipies that I try.  I'm also going to try something a little different as far as my meal planning goes.  Currently I plan my meals on a weekly basis.  This seems to work perfectly fine, but I'm gonna try to plan meals on a monthly basis!!  I know, I know.....some of you may think this is crazy, but for some people it actually works great!  This will also save my household a little bit of $$$$ as I'll be able to stock up on ingredients if I see them on sale even though the meal I'd be using it for is a week or two out.  Plus I'd be less likely to have repeats.  :D

Stay tuned for tips and suggestions on Meal Planning!!!!

Here's a random photo of my me with my oldest and middle child!!  This was at my daughter's 21st Birthday Dinner. 



2 comments:

  1. I've totally been wanting to try this! I love Jillian Michaels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea she looks amazing! Congrats to her! Good luck making your changes :) I REALLY need to the same, I just can't believe how much weight Ive gained in the last 3 years. UGH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!