Minnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets CaliforniaMinnesota Meets California

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!!!!

Can you say busy, busy, busy?!? I have a new client (bride) who is getting married in July. July 3rd to be exact. I'm really super excited about this wedding of the "Woodsy / Outdoor" theme! There is so many directions this can go and I'm just so excited to be able to "play" around with ideas!!! July is right around the corner, so I have to get a move on with securing vendors!! Especially since this wedding is taking place during a Holiday ~ vendors tend to book quickly and/or charge more during any Holiday period!

The most exciting thing about this client is the fact that as of right now, I AM NOT DOING HER WEDDING CAKE!! Woot woot! Strickly Event Planning/Coordinating!! Yes! Way less stress for me!! I can concentrate on the party process with more enthusiasm!!! SCORE!! Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love doing cakes, but at some weddings, I like to just be able to be the coordinator and delegate, delegate, delegate!!! :)

As for my upcoming wedding, although I'm not "on track" as most timelines indicate, I am fairly comfortable that we'll get things in gear soon. I mention this quite often, and I know we have a ton of things to do, but I'll get them done slowly but surely!

This week marks our 21 weeks, as I mentioned in my previous post. Twenty freaking one. Wow, time has been flying by at a rather fast pace. I like to pretend that I'm all calm, cool and collected during this time, but honestly, I am totally freaking out! Seriously freaking out.

My mission of late is to find some type of power cord/strip that isn't too expensive to put in the Welcome Bags for our cruise guests. The cabins on board the ship doesn't have many accessible outlets, so for those who need to charge multiple items like cameras, laptops or even to use multiple things like a blow dryer and curling iron, etc. need to have outlets available. So.... I'm on the prowl for those.

Here's another issue that's been lurking in the back of my pretty little head........I have the itch to go dress hunting again. NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE MY DRESS, but I just want to see if maybe there's something else out there that I like. :) I know people advise against this, but I sooo want to go looking!!!

In the area of non wedding related items, I have another Cake order this weekend. It's a fairly simple order so I am not stressing out in the least!! I do have a birthday cake order for a little girl who is turning 2 years old in a couple of weeks ~ and here's a sketch of what her parents are envisioning....
It's going to have round balls of fondant in Pink, Brown, and Tan around the base of the both layers. Similar to the one pictured below.

I'm pretty excited because I did this little girls first birthday cake as well and it was a Castle Cake! :) So, it's a tradition that I do her birthday cakes from here on out!!! I'll even do her Quincenera Cake and her Wedding Cake too! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!