Friday, July 30, 2010

Goals in 2010 ~ A "re-cap"

I remember at the beginning of this wonderful year, I made a list of 20 things I'd like to do in the year 2010.

For those of you who don't remember my list, here's the post from way back then
----> http://shellisweddingblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/twenty-in-twenty-ten.html

And if you're just too lazy to click on that link above, here's the list:

**********************************

1. Read 100 books.

2. Purchase one Christmas gift a month. (So I can have a relaxing December)

3. Shred 6 days out of the week utilizing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

4. Read the Bible in 90 Days. Thank you to Kallay & Mandi for this idea!

5. Cook and eat healthier.

6. Invite a Guest Blogger at least once a month.

7. Stop deleting my Word of the Day daily emails and actually utilize the word in my daily conversations.

8. Spend more time with my family. (Kiddo's, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins that are here in California & local to me)

9. Attend and get involved with Church.

10. Go back to school & pursue my Bachelors . <-------(I'm 41 years old ~ this should be interesting!)

11. Stop worrying about what other people think about me.

12. Put $20 a month away in a 'pickle jar'. (Just to see if I can be disciplined enough to do it)

13. Pay off my Credit Card debt.

14. Write in my blog once a day.

15. Share one NEW photo a day with my readers.

16. Become more Eco-Friendly & Frugal within my household.

17. Have my children come for dinner at least once a month throughout the year.

18. Expand my Clever Confections business as the year progresses.

19. Get married in April on Catalina Island. (Ha! This one's a given)

20. Learn to conquer my OCD traits I have. (I seriously have this problem with washing my hands about 100 times a day unnecessarily)

*****************************

Clearly I'm not going to be able to cross some of these things off of my list because I've slacked sooo much. And clearly, I failed at some of the other things, but, there are some which I've already completed! Woot woot!

And yes, I'm talking about #19! That was a blast!!!

So, for the rest of the year, I'm going to pick up where I left off and try to get everything crosssed off my list! And trust me, I will most defintely keep you all posted!


1 comment:

  1. All of these are awesome goals! You know I finished three books while on vacation for a week. Mostly because there is no TV in my room at my father's house where we were staying and it made for a great way to relax before bed. Since I got home I vowed to read more and more... yeahhh it hasn't happened.

    SO don't beat yourself up too much - go for broke on the ones that mean the most. Think of it in terms of the more you cross off the better you'll feel but that the others can wait for 2011 if needed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!