Saturday, January 2, 2010

Twenty in Twenty Ten

With the New Year upon us already, we all seem to want to make sure we accomplish certain goals for the year. I've been inspired by several people to write my goals and 'resolutions' on paper so it'll be something a little more meaningful and something I can reflect back on. Some of these changes are changes within my personal self (my fear of my hands being dirty); or changes within my everyday habits (working out and eating healthier).



So, here's my list of 20 things I'd like to strive to work on throughout the year 2010.


1. Read 100 books.
2. Purchase one Christmas gift a month. (So I can have a relaxing December)
3. Shred 6 days out of the week utilizing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.
4. Read the Bible in 90 Days. Thank you to Kallay & Mandi for this idea!
5. Cook and eat healthier.
6. Invite a Guest Blogger at least once a month.
7. Stop deleting my Word of the Day daily emails and actually utilize the word in my daily conversations.
8. Spend more time with my family. (Kiddo's, Aunts, Uncles & Cousins that are here in California & local to me)
9. Attend and get involved with Church.
10. Go back to school & pursue my Bachelors . <-------(I'm 41 years old ~ this should be interesting!)
11. Stop worrying about what other people think about me.
12. Put $20 a month away in a 'pickle jar'. (Just to see if I can be disciplined enough to do it)
13. Pay off my Credit Card debt.
14. Write in my blog once a day.
15. Share one NEW photo a day with my readers.
16. Become more Eco-Friendly & Frugal within my household.
17. Have my children come for dinner at least once a month throughout the year.
18. Expand my Cakes 4 Fun as the year progresses.
19. Get married in April on Catalina Island. (Ha! This one's a given)
20. Learn to conquer my OCD traits I have. (I seriously have this problem with washing my hands about 100 times a day unnecessarily)

I know that I can be disciplined enough to work on each and every one of these 'goals' for the upcoming year. I'm going to hold myself accountable on a daily basis to strive to reach my personal goals.

If you noticed, my very last 'goal' is to "Learn to conquer my OCD traits I have". I have a problem. I totally dislike having my hands dirty. We all do, right? Well, I have this rather bizarre thing going on. I seriously don't like my hands to be dirty. I use my finger tips for everything. I dislike having anything in the palm of my hands. Seriously. I am constantly washing my hands with soap and water. The antibacterial hand sanitizer doesn't cut it. I find myself washing my hands about 100+ times a day. This is in ADDITION TO your regular everyday washing before and after meals, after using the bathroom, etc. This is a compulsive thing that I do. If my mind has even the slightest notion that my hands are dirty AT ALL, I start to have this minor panic attack. I start to panic...hyperventilate, get dizzy, go absolute crazy until I can get my hands under water. I don't know what it is or why I do it, I just do. It's a very bizarre occurence, but it happens. One of my goals this year is to learn to deal with this OCD problem. Learn the causes and work on dealing with the "why" to maybe prevent the panic attacks before they come.

On another note ~ here's a photo of what Brian came home from work with yesterday.


A lighted Christmas Moose and a huge Santa Countdown ~ both given to him by his superiors as a 'job well done' over the Holiday Season. What in the world are we going to do with these?!? Store these until next year I suppose however, in this place, we don't have much storage space at all so..... until I can figure out what we're going to do with them or where they're going to go, they are pretty much part of my living room decor. Nice huh?!? Just after getting my living room back to normal & taking all the Holiday decor down, it's looking a lot like Christmas all over again! :)



wedding ticker


And, today's word of the day is Embargo. Word of the Day for today .......which I know the definition, but don't foresee using it in any conversations I may have throughout the day. I'm hoping these words will become easier as the days progress.


Have a wonderful Saturday!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!