Monday, January 11, 2010

Milestones Galore!

THIRTEEN


Thirteen Mondays left. That is it. Thirteen. Can you believe it?!? Clearly I'm in panic mode. Especially when it comes down to the fact that as of today I only have 100 days until Brian & I are on the beach exchanging vows!!!!!!!! OMG!!!


There are a wonderful community of ladies who rececntly had a Destination Wedding of their own and every.single.one of them have told me that the next 100 days are going to absolutely FLY BY.

You all know me...I've been in quite a wedding rut the last several months, so I'm going to be one crazy woman trying to get everything done in the next 100 days!!!!

What's weird about it is the fact that I'm an Event Planner. I plan events like these for a living! I have three Weddings on the books for the summer which I'm currently working on and I have no problems whatsoever with any of those. But when it comes to MY wedding.......I hit a mental block! Seriously! No worries though...I'm going to come out of it a champ. Almost have to! :)

Three weeks after we return from the Cruise is our California AHR (At Home Reception). Woo Hoo! And then, five weeks from then is our Minnesota AHR. Yay!

So yeah, talk about pressure!!! Tons of stuff to do, but for now, I'm going to concentrate on the Cruise and the Ceremony first! We're DIY'ing the Ceremony because quite frankly, the Wedding Coordinators on Catalina Island charges an outrageous fee! Yes, one in particular charges $850 flat fee, in addition to any and all vendor fees. ??? I mean seriously.... the ceremony is only going to be 20 minutes / 30 tops. A wedding Arch was $250 rental fee. Chairs were $200 per 20. That's $10 a chair. For 20 minutes?!? Please!!!!! I'm fairly confident that we'll have a beautiful ceremony no matter what! I don't want to go all out, big and froo froo since this isn't the first time Brian and I have been married. However, I do want to make it special for us! :)


100 Books in 2010


Over the weekend, I finished book #3 and book #4. Yay!!! It helped out tremendously that Brian has been sick since Friday evening, so it was a very laid back weekend in itself (with the exception of the wedding cake I made, delivered and set up on Saturday morning).

What's funny is that I'm currently reading Susan Wiggs' "Lakeside Chronicles" series and happened to finish the first two books rather quickly. I have book #4 in the series, but not #3. Boo... I received an Email late Saturday from our local Library indicating that the request to hold book #3 "Dockside" is available for pick up. Great...they're not open on Sundays, so I have to wait until today to pick it up. By this time, I'd already completed the second book and am way antsy for the third one!!! :)

So, 11 days into the New Year and I've read 4 books so far! My goal as you all know is 100. I'm confident that I'll reach that goal, however, we have MANY, MANY events going on in our lives this year that I may have a tough time come the middle of the year keeping pace!!

Jillian Michaels & her 30 Day Shred


So I've taken more than 2 days off from The Shred in the last week. Okay...so I've taken maybe 6 days off out of 7. I know, I know, not good. Today I will get back in the swing of things. I'm taking it seriously and I'm going to make it a routine. Every morning I'll update my blog with the Verse of the Day ~ because that's my quiet time..... reading and reflecting on the Words ~ then I'll get my butt kicking session date with Jillian over with. I'm determined to get into the routine of things!!!

I follow a variety of blogs ~ and yesterday I read a very hilarious thread regarding the 30 Day Shred. I thought I'd share it with all of my bloggy friends! Kallay, author of Kallaydoscope shares her first meeting with Miss Michaels. This makes for a great read ladies..... very, very funny but oh so true!!!

Have a wonderful Monday my bloggesphere friends & family!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!