Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blog Awards and Paying it Forward!!

When I started this blog years ago, it was something I did just in my spare time. I think I may have posted no more than 6 entries that first year. Through the years, I was more of a 'lurker' than anything else. I had sooooo much going on in my life that I didn't really have time to blog. I went through some medical issues, personal life issues, and everything in between. When I met my fiance, my world changed. Dramatically ~ no joke. One of the things that has changed is that I have the opportunity to take some time out of my day at some point (mostly in the mornings and late night) for myself. I use that time to read blogs and make my own entries.

This blogosphere world has opened my eyes to so many different aspects of life! I follow an array of Blogs from those that are personal every day life journaling to some that share with their readers their life experiences. Some focus on product reviews and give aways, while some focus on the Eco-Friendly environment. All in all, I enjoy reading blogs in general and can honestly say that I've learned A LOT.

BLOG AWARDS



I received this Circle of Friends Award from Roodlyne at Super Mom Place. Thank you Roodlyne, I am very grateful to receive this!


This award comes with rules and they are as follows:


Grab the award and post it on your blog with five things that you love to do and also pass it along to five blogs you'd like to recognize.


Here are my top five things I love to do!




  1. I love spending time with my family and friends. I've learned that we all need to appreciate all the relationships that we have in our lives and we need to take the time out to nurture those relationships! Sometime we all get wrapped up in our little world on a daily basis that we forget to spend time with those that we love. I try to make it a point to make time in my life for my family and friends ~ without them, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

  2. I love entertaining in my home! I plan events for a living so it goes without saying that every chance I get I jump at the opportunity to host a Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Game Night Party or any other theme that I can think of! :)

  3. I love blogging. In the past year, Social Networking and Blogging have become a great part of my life. In the beginning, I started blogging just to journal my everyday life for myself to be able to reflect on every so often. I mainly focused on just personal content, however I dabbled in other aspects as well. I have a WordPress Blog for my Cakes4Fun Business which has helped tremendously. Since getting engaged, my blog was filled with Wedding Related topics for a while and then that fizzled out and I again focused on personal content. Now that I'm less than 100 days til I get married, I've been sharing all my Wedding Related woes on my blog again!

  4. I love my job! I love that I have expanded my Cake Decorating business into a full service Event Planning business right along side of it! I love decorating cakes and enjoy being creative ~ bringing out a bride to be's vision of their wedding cake is amazing! Helping to create wonderful weddings, showers, and reunions is so much fun! I absolutely love my job!

  5. I love meeting new friends through on-line communities! There is an on-line community on theKnot.com which is dedicated to brides who are planning a Destination Wedding. I have 'met' so many people thru that forum and have made a lot of friendships that I know will last far beyond our wedding planning days! There are fellow bloggers out there that I've 'met' and am very thankful to have such special people a part of my life. Some of these individuals I've had to opportunity to meet in real life and I can't wait to meet others!


I am passing this Circle of Friends Award to:

Kallay @ Kalladoscope

The ever amazing author & party planner @ The Perpetual Party Planner

Vivanne @ Vivanne's Vista

Fun loving Lauren @ Salt Says

The very creative Kim @ Mom Tried It


I also received this "You're an Angel Award" from Roodlyne at Super Mom Place as well and I can't tell you how much it means to me! I feel very special and am humbled by this!


This award comes with a few rules, they are really easy so here they are:


1.) Thank the person who gave you the award
2.) Link this post back to them
3.) Give the award to five people you choose
4.) Let your friends know they've been awarded


The first Angel I'd like to pass this on to is Lauren @ Salt Says. Lauren and I 'met' in the above mentioned forum on theKnot.com. We are both Destination Wedding Brides to be and I am so very lucky to have struck up a friendship with her. I would love to be able to one day meet her IRL (In Real Life) because it would be absolutely amazing!! :) If you haven't had an opportunity to follow Lauren and her blog, I highly suggest you run over there! She is very HILARIOUS with a capital H!


My second Angel is being passed on to Ashley @ Nolan's Story. Although I haven't spoken to Ashley personally myself, I met her through the same on-line community I met Lauren at on theKnot.com. However, at the time, Ashley had just been recently married. Ashley has had to endure one of life's most severe losses any individual could ever imagine. Through it all, she has been a pillar of strength that I can not even explain. In more ways than one, she along with her family has inspired me in ways I will never be able to thank her enough for. If you're not familiar with Ashley or Nolan, please watch this video ~ it tells the story of little Baby Nolan. He is a true Angel.


My third Angel shall go to Vivanne @ Vivanne's Vista. Vivanne is a recently engaged (Woo Hoo) single mother of two who has had to go thru a little bit of trial and tribulation in her life. She rose above ~ learned how to love and BE LOVED and is a truly amazing person. It takes a lot of time and strength to be able to share some of the things Vivanne does with her readers, but you really get to know her deep down.


Angel number four is going to Jaye @ Eco-Friendly & Frugal. Jaye has an amazing eye for a lot of things. She is a very Eco-Friendly individual who possesses a wealth of information when it comes to being both Eco-Friendly and Frugal! I have learned so many $$ saving tips from her along with ways that I can become environmentally safe as well! She has some amazing give aways (and I even won one of them ~ check it out here!!) OH....another thing about the fabulous Jaye. She is also a photographer by trade! Check out her Photography Blog, but most especially, you should check out her sneek peek teasers of an AMAZING couple's engagement photo session------------> HERE :)


Last but most importantly not least, Angel number five is going to Meghan @ Blackberries to Apples . I admire a young twenty-something year old woman who can literally pick up and move from a small southern Alabama town to the hustling and bustling City of New York with her future so unsettled. The author of Blackberries to Apples journals her everyday struggles from day one of stepping off the plane in NYC. Very funny, and interesting read. Kudo's to M for all the struggles she's endured and making NYC her home!


Please take the time to check out some of the above mentioned blogs! Have a great Wednesday!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing any comments you may have! I appreciate it! Thanks for following!