Friday, October 30, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
My goal for this week is to get the following done:
* Bouquets selected for bridal party and order;
* Decide if we're going to DIY the Bouts; if not, order them w/ the Bouquets;
* Finish up the Ceremony Wording (forgot to add the ring exchange in there);
* Find ceremony music for the flute and send to Gina (flutist);
* Work on both California and Minnesota Reception Menus;
* Hand deliver the rest of the MIB's that need to be handed out;
* Re-organize my Bridal Binder;
And I'm sure there will be more added to this list as I remember. Happy Monday!!!
Posted by Shelli at 7:57 AM
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Yesterday I received the Tea Light Lanterns that I purchased from a former Knottie. :) Here's what they look like. The ones I got were the white ones. I'm so excited! :) I'm trying to decide if I am going to use them for just one or both of the receptions. I'm thinking I will do both. I'll just have to pack and ship them ahead of time to Minnesota after our California reception so I don't have to take them with me on Airplane! :) I have 20 of them, and I'm not sure if I'm going to use them all, but we'll see!
Posted by Shelli at 1:42 PM
Monday, October 19, 2009
I have a ton of little things I want to get done this week. First and foremost, I want to get our den cleaned up and de-cluttered! I've thrown so much wedding related things in here and it's totally unorganized. So, my goal for the next couple of days is to go through all these boxes of WR stuff and organize it! AHR stuff, Welcome Bags and contents, Ceremony stuff, DIY projects stuff, etc. I work so much better when everything is organized so I'm thinking this is why I've been so discombobulated in my planning!
Here's a list of DIY projects I want to do: (keep in mind said list will only get bigger)
* Tags for the Welcome Bags
* Door Hangers for the Cabins
* Labels for snacks/goodies in the Welcome Bags
* Monogramed Aisle Runner (????)
* Welcome Letter
* Palm Fans (?????)
* Crossword Puzzle for Welcome Bags
* Sand Ceremony Frames
And here's a list from memory that I still have to do: (keep in mind there are a ton of other things I can't seem to remember at this moment)
* Complete Ceremony wording (which I thought I had done, but forgot some important parts)
* Find Ceremony music for our Flutist
* Make appointment to have wedding dress hemmed
* Get menu for both AHR's finalized
* Order my bouquet
* Order BM's bouquets
* Decide on whether or not we're going to have a Candy Buffet for sure and if so:
- Purchase the bowls for the candies
- Decide on what to use for guests to take these home in (ie: take out boxes or bags)
- Decide on what type of candies to have
* If not going with the Candy Buffet, decide on what to have for a Favor
* Decide on whether or not to have B-Pics done
* Get marriage licence (no earlier than January 25th to be on the safe side)
And millions and millions of other things!!! The next 6 months will absolutely fly by!!!
Posted by Shelli at 7:51 AM
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I would prefer the majority of the bowls to not have the "stem" or "base" on them. I found the kind that I like back in Minnesota, however, I didn't get them. They were only $1.99 and I should have grabbed them while I was there, but I wasn't thinking!!
Monday, October 12, 2009
The dresses below are dresses that I want to get for the Cruise ~ Monday night is the Bachelor/Bachelorette party, Tuesday night is the Formal/Captian's Dinner!!
I can't wait until this Cruise, I can't even begin to tell you all!!!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
And here's a picture of the Wedding Day Timeline. Again, the color's are off here as well.
These will both be put in the Welcome Bags for our guests that are cruising with us. And additional PhotoShare Cards will be placed at various tables throughout both of the At Home Receptions.
I seem to have finally grasp control on this wedding stuff. I'd been feeling a bit overwhelmed the past couple of weeks, actually months, but I think I've got it dialed in. Slowly but surely everything is falling into place. With the Holidays coming up really quick, I know we'll lose some days, if not weeks of planning ~ or at least that's what I'm anticipating. We shall see.
I'm debating whether I want to tackle the job of DIY'ing a Monogrammed Aisle Runner. Do I really need one of those?!? I'm not so sure that we do. But it's something I think would be fun to make. :)
Maybe a Banner instead of an Aisle Runner? Ahhh, who knows. For now I think I'm "under control" when it comes to wedding related stuff. I'm going to concentrate on the Reception stuff now..... that seems to be where the work needs to be done. Coming up with Menu's (that sounds official) when in all actuality we're having casual buffet style foods / set up at both AHR's!
I love it when a plan comes together!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Shelli at 4:09 AM
Monday, October 5, 2009
Posted by Shelli at 11:59 AM
Friday, October 2, 2009
Posted by Shelli at 11:26 AM